In the event that your account is closed or becomes inactive, we will continue to honor our undertaking to secure your personal information as stated herein.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect may be used for but not limited to the following purposes:
- Application & Transaction processing
- Identification verification
- Fraud prevention
- Credit Risk Management
- Marketing & Research
- Operational & Technical Efficiency
- Product/Service Development & Improvement
- Regulatory Compliance & Contractual Obligations
- Recommendation & Personalization of products/services
WHERE WE GET YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal information from the following sources:
- Account Membership & Loan Application Forms
- Transaction history
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Information about your mobile device such as location, and other device identifiers and settings may be collected when accessing our online and mobile services
- Any other information provided to us on your behalf by an authorized third party
WHAT WE COLLECT
We only collect information that we deem necessary to provide you with the best quality of service while meeting compliance requirements. The information collected is limited to the following:
- Personal Identifiers such as name, address, date of birth, contact number etc.
- Demographic Information such as age, gender, marital status, employment, education etc.
- Government Identifiers such as, social security number, ID number, driver’s license etc.
- Financial information such as assets, income, debt, financial history
- Usage information for example balances, payment history, account usage frequency
- General Historical Information (Third Party) including employment history and credit history
- Compliance information to meet the requirements of the laws of Saint Lucia
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in the regular process of conducting business:
- To apprise you of new products and services
- To third party service providers
- For verification or completion of a transaction
- To ascertain the information you have provided about your account(s) at other financial institutions
- For regulatory or legal purposes
- If you or any authorized party grants us verbal or written permission to do so
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Protecting your information is our highest priority. We utilize robust physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to ensure the safety, confidentiality and integrity of your information. It is however important to note, that information security is a shared responsibility and you are equally responsible for keeping your information safe.
You can do this by:
- Monitoring your account activity for unusual or suspicious transactions
- Being cognizant of unusual requests or offers
- Reporting any suspicious activity, lost or stolen cheques or ATM cards immediately
- Memorizing PINS (Personal Identification Numbers) and passwords
- Refraining from sharing your PINs and passwords for online & mobile services
- Avoiding the use of public Wi-Fi connections
- Avoiding the storage of personal information on electronic devices
Information sent electronically, emails for example, may not be secure. As a result, it is important that you do not reveal sensitive information about your account through these mediums.
MRECCU will never ask you to provide personal, login or account information through unsolicited emails. Should you receive an email requesting this type of information, you should not respond and proceed to contact us immediately.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
UPDATING & ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
It is important that your information remains current. You may review or update your information by visiting one of our branches or through the online banking platform.
You are able to access your personal information on demand, and this will be produced upon your request. The bulk of your information consists of transactional records. This is accessible through our Online and Mobile Banking platforms, statement requests, as well as your passbooks. Any other information can be requested in person at any of our branches, or via telephone and email. To avoid delays in obtaining your information, please provide sufficient detail to permit us to identify you and the specific information being requested.
Also note that there are circumstances under which information about you may be restricted. These include, but are not limited to:
- Information referencing other persons
- Information constrained by law
- Information that contains confidential information proprietary to the MRECCU
- Information regarding an investigation
If applicable, we will advise you of the reasons for restricting access subject to any legal or regulatory limitations.
This Online Privacy Statement is subject to amendment at any time without the need for prior notification and thus you should check periodically for changes. Revision will be indicated by the inclusion of a “Last Revised” date at the top of the policy. Changes to this policy will be in effect immediately or as determined by the relevant authority. Your continued use of our website and online services would be interpreted to mean that you agree to review this policy regularly to keep abreast of any changes and by so doing you accept and agree to any changes made herein.